Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Young Girls in Bikinis for the guys and Barbie houses for the ladies

I thought that I would flashback to Past Christmases, some of my favorite moments.....

Christmas 1998- After all the whoop la of family stuff during times that I normally like to forget..... I have a treasure of a memory. My Best Friends in high school (and still my best friends) "Jill" and "Scarlett" came over with their bikinis and a bottle of what we told my Mom was "Sparkling Wine" (really it was a bottle of gods knows what, I remember it was cheap liquor of some kind) and went out to my Hot Tub outside and sat in the hot water with our cheap liquor..... It snowed, we spent hours out there, talking about life and love (HA! we were sixteen what did we know). It was one of my favorite because life was simple, I had the whole world out in front of me. My best friends were there.... I love you ladies

Christmas 1988 or 1989 I was a child so I don't quite remember- It was still when my parents were still married, we were living in a pink house on 40th Street in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I can picture that house, on the Air Force base, wood floors, four bedrooms. I had a full size bed and my own room but my brother "Dumbass" and my sister "Sookie" would still end up in my bed by the end of the night, every night. I remember waking up about 4:00am after "Santa" came and ate our cookies and brought us our presents. We never opened them until my parents got up but we looked in our stockings and would sleep on the floor by the tree. My mom would make bread pudding for breakfast. Dumbass got a GI Joe aircraft carrier and I got a "Barbie" house that was actually a piece of furniture that I would be able to use later in life... That "Barbie" house had many uses after that, but that will be a story for another day.

Christmases Present- I have my own children this will be the first year that they can both walk and unwrap presents by themselves. This one will be a little melancholy for me... I will get to enjoy it because I won't have to work, so that's nice. I am not on speaking terms with my mother so I won't to get to see my half sisters who are 10 and 13 (I did sneak presents over to them though, texting is an awesome thing). I will get to see Dad, Princess and Dumbass is bringing Rockstar over, my parents in law will be there (since they live with us). I will get to see my Roo Roo cook in her kitchen that we bought her and Wubbers play with the Garbage truck we bought him (my son has 3 loves in life.. His Stuffed Monkey, Trash and Trucks). I will spend it with Bill, my husband who has brought me something that I haven't been able to figure out yet. All and All I am looking forward to it..... So Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

4 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

I thought it said MONEY, trash and trucks, and was all - wow, your son will grow up to be a mobster!

Aside from that, this was a lovely post. Have a good Christmas and entertain your old Pa, he doesn't seem to be in the spirit!

Anonymous said...

1988 actually. Thanks for sharing that memory, it jogged some of my own.

See you tonight!!

Gwen said...

Merry Christmas, Alice. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Yet another award. Nothing like a good dose of nepotism. Stop by my blog to claim.