Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Baby Girl is Three Today

I cannot believe it my little princess is three today. This post will be sappy so I am warning you now. Its hard for me to remember my adult life before my first baby. I remember being preggers though, IT SUCKED. I gained 78 lbs and I know that most of you don't know what I look like but I was about 115lbs soaking wet at the time that I got preggers. That's right I weighed over 200 lbs !!!! I couldn't walk (I waddled) I couldn't wear shoes (only flipflops) I didn't wear a coat because I was always hot!!!!. Sex was awkward even though it was awesome (one perk) and I always felt like my pelvis was going to break in half. The big day happened... I went to my new best friends office, Dr. Super (at the end of pregnancy you have to go once a week, in my case he got to feel me up twice a week since I was considered a high risk... damn weight gain) Dr. Super told me "Alice, you are not getting better and we can't wait any longer, call Bill and tell him to get ready to take you to the hospital tonight. Your going to have a baby." A couple of things happened then...... I told him I wasn't ready.... I had thought I still had at least 3 more weeks to go.... I needed to have someone help me shave my legs that I couldn't see anymore. I had a pedicure appt. My mother (we were on speaking terms then) who took me to my appt. had to take be back to realty. I hurried home, somehow shaved my legs and we were off. My princess was born some hours later, with the help of some great drugs. We left the hospital some days later, I couldn't believe the people there would actually let me take little Roo Roo home to take care of her, I had no idea what I was doing. When we got to the house, she was sleeping, we just sat on the couch looking at her.... what were we suppose to do with her now. Parenting kicked in and she has survived so far.... lol. Here we are in the present, she looks like her daddy in the eyes but is skinny like me. She is bossy and so very smart, she likes playing dressup and painting. She loves to watch tv (her fav is spongebob) , loves to dance and puts together puzzles that are made for 9 year olds. She tells me she loves me at least 5 times a day, wakes me up every morning by crawling in my bed and giving me a kiss and telling me I look like sleeping beauty. I always tell my friends to wait before they have kids, I am so glad I didn't... Roo Roo and Wubbers make my life worth living everyday.

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

Aww- that's so sweet!
Hey, I need your email address to send you some questions!
Send it to me at: violetidell@shaw.ca

xo

Anonymous said...

Crap! I forgot! Give the munchkin a kiss from Grampy and tell her I love her.

LegalMist said...

Aaaw, what a sweet tribute to your little munchkins.